Monday, May 23, 2011

Delhi is like Mumbai

In the sense that there are people, everywhere. But I felt better able to handle it after having a heavenly eight days in Goa.

And it's nearly time to leave Delhi, because in the morning we're leaving for Jaipur. The heat here was nowhere close to as bad as I expected. Goa was so humid that this heat feels like nothing. Maybe when we get to some of the hotter cities I will feel like death, but for now it's not so bad.

As I was bouncing violently around in the back of an auto-rickshaw, I realized that I never want this to end. The experience, the learning, the challenges, I never want that to end. Of course I am looking forward to going home in a way, but I am loving every minute of being here. I am so incredibly blessed to be able to go on this month long adventure, and it's sparked something in me that may never go out. I want to be like the people I've met. I want to travel and go and do. I want to go home and take breaks and live and feel able to breathe, but I also realize that this is important to me.

Maybe I will try to write things people might actually want to read later on, but for now you get my half-thought-out, totally-heartfelt realizations.

No comments:

Post a Comment